Posidonia oceanica

Hello there

Not sure how active this groupsite is but I wanted to ask the members if anyone has some experience with marine and coastal conservation areas and in particular the Mediterranean seagrass meadows' valuation. 

What ecological parameters are a must to perform a proper a valuation? Do you know of any studies preferably in the Mediterranean that have done this  type of valuation?

thanks

esra

Replies to this Topic

Hi Esra, 

I don't know of any specific Med studies, but do check out the resources at www.cbd.int/protected/tools, and then click on the filter topics to "Benefits and Values." There are more than 50 resources on PA benefits and values; maybe something is useful there? 

You might also post your question on the PoWPA Support Consortium Facebook site; there are more than 300 practitioners...maybe one of them can answer your question.

Good luck!

Jamie

Dear Jamie, 

Thank you. I just got myself a user name for the CBD website. I will see what they've got. Many thanks again.

esra

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Protected Areas and Valuation